Pages

"The power of the pen is unknown until you pick it up."

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pain is in the eye of the receiver.

12/4-5/14

The day my doctor diagnosed George as an unwelcome squatter, she called Huntsman Cancer Institute. My doctor’s office was told I might be able to get in to see an oncologist in about two weeks. When Huntsman’s coordinator called me to set up an appointment, I had been told there weren’t any cancer characteristics, so I told the coordinator that I didn’t want to take a slot from someone who needed it more. On the way to Utah to see a general surgeon, I picked up the CT report and read “the mass, uterus, and one ovary are indistinguishable from one another.”


Yikes! That sounded pretty suspicious to me. I was right. That’s why the surgeon refused to even try. One might grumble about the false-hope, however, when Awesome called the Huntsman Cancer Institute on my behalf and spoke to the same coordinator, she said, “I just had a cancellation on Wednesday the 10th and they might be able to do surgery on Friday the 12th.” 


So, I’m not shy about asking for prayers that I’ll be able to do that. In other news, since I’m an overall medical nightmare, I’ll have to transition over from Coumadin (a blood thinner) to Lovenox, (another blood thinner). The latter is a painful injection that feels like a bee sting. 



Thankfully you don't get them in the backside, but what could be just as bad?

Twice a day in the belly. There’s just something not right about getting stabbed in the belly. What about the upper arm? I mean you can at least retain some dignity if you get it there…

How many would opt to get it in the arm vs the belly?

I don't even want to know who would opt for the hinny...

1 comment:

Sharee Wanner said...

I try to avoid shots of any kind, cause I'm a wimp when it comes to stuff like that! I would never make a good nurse! You are in my thoughts and prayers! I'm so glad you're my friend and may God bless you.